“Because ultimately for them to become adults, they need to be able to learn along the way” shares Kylee Curtis on walking the line between expectations and nurturing individuality in her children.
Kylee is my older sister and she has been an incredible role model to me, and as far as mum’s go, she’s pretty amazing.
Kylee’s children are older than mine. She has a 14, 16 and 18 year old so we are at very different stages of our motherhood journeys, and she is joining me on the podcast to discuss her experience with motherhood and what it’s like to get to where she is in her journey.
In this episode we cover:
- How Kylee sums up her motherhood experience to this point
- Her core philosophy that shaped her through all the different phases that she has gone through as a mum
- The greatest challenges, joys and learnings Kylee has experienced along the way
- The experience of watching your children blossom into being their own unique individuals
- Establishing boundaries without guilt and learning to give yourself a break.
This conversation with Kylee was a beautiful one, and she generously shares so much about herself, her family and the phases we go through as our children grow.
I know so many of you will love this conversation.
Be kind to yourself as you listen to this. If this, or any, ME + MOTHERHOOD podcast episode ‘triggers you’ or raise issues for you, I urge you to reach out and speak to a professional on any one of these related support lines:
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636
- Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467
- Blue Knot Helpline: 1300 657 380
- PANDA National Perinatal Anxiety & Depression Helpline: 1300 726 306