“It sets up an automatic kind of rule book or framework or structure that we then automatically compare ourselves to, analyse and wonder” shares Terri Williams of her Motherhood Story and being questioned around going back to work.
There is a 10 year age gap between myself and my younger sister, Terri Williams.
Terri got married in 2020 and had her little baby girl in 2022 who is now about to turn one so we are in quite different stages of our motherhood journeys. In this episode Terri is joining me to discuss her experience of being a first time mum and finding balance in her life again.
In this episode we cover:
- How Terri sums up her motherhood experience so far
- The impact that being a new mother has on your relationship with your partner
- How Terri is addressing the pressure felt around going back to paid work
- The top 3 things that being a mother has taught Terri about herself
- Comparison, pressure and evaluating priorities as a mum
This is a beautiful conversation about Terri’s motherhood story so far and she shares so honestly and openly about her challenges and joys in the past 12 months.
I know so many of you will benefit from this conversation.
Registrations are open until this Friday March 31st for the Rise & Shine Retreat. You can find more information over at benitabensch.com/retreat.
Be kind to yourself as you listen to this. If this, or any, ME + MOTHERHOOD podcast episode ‘triggers you’ or raise issues for you, I urge you to reach out and speak to a professional on any one of these related support lines:
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636
- Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467
- Blue Knot Helpline: 1300 657 380
- PANDA National Perinatal Anxiety & Depression Helpline: 1300 726 306