Katrina is a Meditation and Wellbeing educator, a fourth generation farmer and co-owner of the family run business, Barham Avocados.
Katrina is a passionate rural advocate who cares deeply about rural and regional Australia and is on a mission to support Rural Women to thrive and lead through her Meditation and Mindset Training Business.
Her experience travelling all over the world shaped her desire to build strong and supportive rural communities with thriving people to enhance a sense of belonging and to encourage entrepreneurism and innovation.
She hosts a podcast called This Rural Life and runs a boutique accommodation offering on their farm near Barham. Katrina has been a panellist on Q+A and has featured on ABCs Women’s Work program Smiling Mind campaigns as well as various radio interviews.
In this episode we cover:
- Katrina’s view on productivity as a busy mum of four juggling life and business and how you can be more productive through doing less.
- The importance of practising presence and getting off the hamster wheel of endless thoughts and multitasking in our mind.
- Laying the important foundations of sleep, rest, food and movement to be able to achieve the incredible things that you are here to achieve.
- What we, as women, need to get better at considering when it comes to saying yes, and being honest with ourselves about our capacity and priorities.
- Why Katrina loves meditation and her top 3 strategies for managing a full plate with joy and ease.
This conversation is all about productivity vs presence and the question “When you say yes to something, what are you saying no to?”
I know so many of you will love this conversation.
Connect with Katrina:
Be kind to yourself as you listen to this. If this, or any, ME + MOTHERHOOD podcast episode ‘triggers you’ or raise issues for you, I urge you to reach out and speak to a professional on any one of these related support lines:
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636
- Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467
- Blue Knot Helpline: 1300 657 380
- PANDA National Perinatal Anxiety & Depression Helpline: 1300 726 306