Maddy Bento is a degree qualified nutritionist working in the body image and intuitive eating space.
She was an exhausted mumma who was trying so hard to eat “perfectly” and her mental health suffered, along with her relationship with her body health and food.
Maddy has since learnt about Intuitive Eating and Health At Every Size (HAES) and has not only transformed her own relationship with food and her body, but does so for other mums that have become caught up in trying so hard to be “healthy” and follow the “rules” only to have their mental health suffer from it.
In this episode we cover:
- What drove Maddy towards body acceptance coaching and intuitive eating
- How Maddy worked on her own relationship with her body and food to improve her mental health
- Changes in body image and mental health of women during pregnancy and post birth
- Where guilt and shame stem from when it comes to food and eating habits
- How decision fatigue plays into women not nourishing their bodies and minds
- Dieting, vulnerability and letting go of the need to control what’s happening around you
Maddy reminds us all that your weight is not your worth.
There are incredible things about each and everyone of us, as humans, sisters, daughters, mothers and none of them are related to the weight on a scale.
I know so many of you will love this conversation.
Be kind to yourself as you listen to this. If this, or any, ME + MOTHERHOOD podcast episode ‘triggers you’ or raise issues for you, I urge you to reach out and speak to a professional on any one of these related support lines:
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636
- Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467
- Blue Knot Helpline: 1300 657 380
- PANDA National Perinatal Anxiety & Depression Helpline: 1300 726 306